Are you currently in need of counsel for a severe burn injury? Do you have no idea if you need a burn injury lawyer or a burn injury attorney? The two may seem interchangeable at first glance, however, there are differences between the two that you should be aware of.
What is a burn injury lawyer?
A burn injury lawyer specializes in the cases that revolve around the victim receiving a severe burn; only they are not actually required to practice in a court of law. Burn injury lawyers may take on roles as consultants or advisors. A burn injury lawyer may be useful to provide advice and consultation before seeking a burn injury attorney.
What is a burn injury attorney?
A burn injury attorney specializes in the same things as a burn injury lawyer, but they are actually required to practice in a court of law. They may be more beneficial if you have compensation or something serious on the line. Both burn injury lawyers and attorneys have the same education and passed the bar exam, it is the court experience that is the main difference.
Types of Burn Injury Claims
There are several different situations that can count as a burn injury claim.
- Workplace Accidents: Explosions and toxic chemicals involved in a job can cause burn injuries. Employers, who fail to maintain a safe environment and equipment, may be held accountable.
- Defective Products: Any products that can explode or cause burns to the victim
- Flammable Clothing: Lightweight textiles, cotton, linen, acrylic and loose-fitting clothes can sometimes cause deep and severe burns based on how they burn.
- Beauty Products: Sometimes harsh ingredients are used that cause damages to the skin
- Home Fires
Types of Burn Injuries
Knowing what type of burn your burn injury falls under will also be beneficial to your case.
- First-degree burns: damage to only the outer layer of skin
- Second-degree burns: damage to the outer layer and the layer underneath
- Third-degree burns: totally destroyed or extreme damage to the deepest layer of skin and tissues underneath
If you are planning to hire a burn injury lawyer or attorney, be sure to do your research in order to pick the right match for you. It would also be extremely beneficial to keep a record of when, where, and how the accident took place. You want to make sure all your details are accurate so that the guilty can be held accountable for their neglect.
Author bio- Barbara Parson has been involved with personal injury and burn injury lawsuits for the past twelve years and wants to share her knowledge with others.